Sunday, February 27

Vintage Luggage

This weekend Aaron and I went up to his family in Hazleton, PA for his grandmother's 89th birthday! While we were there we did a little 'picking' :) inspired by American Pickers I suppose. I've recently discovered I have a strong fancy for old vintage suitcases, hence the header :P Aaron went up to Hazleton last weekend and was given the grand tour of a barn on a family members property. He came home with an old 30's Stromberg Carlson radio, a cute little thing that kind of matches the big 'Christmas Story' looking radio we picked up at the Antique store down the road. Nonetheless he came home from last weekends trip telling me about some suitcases he saw up in the barn so instantly I was a little curious. When we went up this weekend his cousin took both of us down to the barn so I could poke around myself. He so graciously let me snag the 3 piece starlite luggage set and while I was exploring I discovered some 50's luggage set made my Sears and Roebucks, brand new! still the original boxes. Both sets are a light blue but the one's in the boxes are about 20 years older than the 3 piece set. I was so excited and Brian let me take both sets home with me! Here's a little preview of my finds...
 
 
 


Aaron picked up that little lovely case you see in brown and opened it up and surprise polka dots :) It's
hard to tell but the satin is actually purple and the dots are a light green. It's a really nice little leather case so I snagged it up too. It looks like I'm set in the blue luggage now if I could find some pretty greens and yellows that would be great! I'd like to collect a bunch of sets and upcycle them with little prints or stencil designs. I think I might try and put and an anchor on mine and drag them along with me on Jen's bachelorette cruise coming up in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment