The track was taken off from around the dining room entryway where the "folding closet doors" use to be. They didn't really fit in between the living room and the dining room. So I sanded the doorway and put two new coats of paint on it...doesn't look the best but the sander broke on me so part of it was sanded by hand. My second attempt was removing the paint off the big outside dining room window. The window has paint peeling all over it because too many layers have been painted on it. We've tried scraping it, striping it, and using a hot air gun (which was a fail since I cracked the window). I got some of the paint off but it's just a really tough job...so now it's sitting there partially paint removed :(
Hopefully August shows more progress, even though each and every weekend this month is booked with outside the house activities. The government should be sending the credit soon so my hands in the mailbox waiting, 14 weeks and counting. They weren't kidding when they said it would take up to 16 weeks. We ended up buying all of the kitchen appliances right off the bat since the refrigerator decided to die with the move. Now we just need countertops, backsplash, and molding :) oh yeah and we still haven't finished painting the cabinets. We did however buy a spray gun for the compressor so hopefully we'll test that out and get the doors painted so we can put them back up and hide all those dishes..
So don't look too closely, but under the cabinets still needs finished, the doors are clearly missing since they still need painted and yes those are plywood counter-tops, and no backsplash. It's a functioning kitchen though so at least we can cook in there.